Frequently Asked Questions
- Your name (& company name if applicable)
- Your phone number
- Order items and quantities
- Address where you would like the items shipped
- Billing Information: your credit card type/number/expiration date/name and billing address for the card
Warranties Remedies, and Damage:
TLI warrants all track and recessed light fixtures for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase. If a track or recessed fixture is defective and under warranty, TLI limits to one time repair or replacement without charge after prior written return authorization has been granted. TLI's obligation under this warranty shall not extend beyond the initial purchase price of the covered product. This warranty shall not apply to covered products that have been altered, improperly installed, mishandled or misused. Warranty applies only to functional components NOT cosmetic appearance. Notice of a defect in writing must be received by TLI within five (5) days from the date of purchase. Excluded from the five (5) year warranty are all light bulbs, lighting accessories, non-track and recessed parts. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
All other light fixtures purchased from TLI are warranted for 1 year and prorated for the following four years. For example, if a fixture fails within two years of purchase, after TLI's receipt of the faulty item with proper documentation and RMA#, the customer may purchase a replacement for 50% of the current standard retail price, within 3 years 60%, 4 years 70%, 5 years 80%. TLI reserves the right to modify the terms of this warranty for the following reasons: (1) evidence of misuse or handling of the product (2) product discontinued.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (B) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY THAT ANY USE OF THE GOODS BY BUYER OR ANY OF ITS CUSTOMERS WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE ANY PATENT OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, AND (C) ANY OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON THE PART OF TLI. Buyers exclusive remedy for its timely rejection of non-conforming goods or for any other failure of TLI to perform its obligations with respect to the goods (a) is subject to TLI's inspection of the claimed non-conforming goods after their return by Buyer to TLI in the condition received by Buyer and (b) is limited at TLI's sole option either to repair or replace the non-conforming goods by TLI within a reasonable time or to repayment by TLI of the amounts paid against the purchase price. TLI SHALL NOT IN ANY CASE BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY EVEN IF TLI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TLI INSTALLS ITS OWN LIGHT SOURCES AND OPTICS IN PRODUCTS SOLD AND IN SOME CASES MAKES MODIFICATIONS TO FIXTURES FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE. THIS MAY REQUIRE OPENING OF PRODUCT BOXES AT COMPANY LOCATION. ALL PRODUCTS OFFERED BY TLI ARE BRAND NEW UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. IN ADDITION TO THE PUBLISHED SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES, THE CONSIGNEE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY APPLICABLE DUTIES, TAXES, BROKERAGE FEES AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES THAT MAY APPLY TO THE SHIPMENT.
- Tailored Lighting Inc.
- 50 Vantage Point Drive, Suite 7a
- Rochester, NY 14624
- Attn: Returns
Special order items and discontinued items: If you receive the shipment and decide to return the items in their original condition, there is a restocking fee of 25%. If, when you receive the items, there is something that is faulty or doesn't work within the warranty period (see above) it will need to be returned and we will fix or replace it. Once you have used the special order/ discontinued items or kept them for more than 30 days, they can not be returned for refund.
What is SoLux?
SoLux is a patented new light bulb that simulates daylight far better than any other light bulb on the market. It is a high performance –halogen type bulb that currently comes in a MR-16 format and a line voltage PAR bulb.
- Has virtually perfect color rendering index (CRI) as compared to daylight
- Greatly reduced infra-red light
- Greatly reduced ultra-violet light
- Beam uniformity
How accurately does SoLux simulate daylight?
What about Ultraviolet (UV) and Infra-red (IR) light?
Does SoLux filter out the UV and IR?
How much does it cost to run Solux?
Why is it better than halogen bulbs?
Why is the SoLux full spectrum bulb superior to all other products that are labeled as full-spectrum?
Uses of SoLux
Who uses SoLux?
Homeowners, museums, galleries, and stores use SoLux because it provides a superior presentation to artwork, jewelry, living areas, clothing and textiles. In addition, many companies use SoLux to make accurate judgments on color.
1. Display -SoLux bulbs are the ideal choice for display lighting of all kinds whether your needs are commercial or residential.
2. Galleries - Whatever the medium, SoLux puts the best light on art, photography, glass, textiles and much more. Most artists compose their works under naturally lit conditions. SoLux reproduces these natural lighting conditions to recreate the original image the artist intended with all of its splendor.
3. Jewelry Stores - Thousands of jewelry stores around the world already are taking advantage of the superior presentation provided by SoLux to best highlight their fine diamonds, gem stones, and precious metals.
4. Trade Shows - Because of the superior presentation, ease of assembly, flexibility, preservation qualities, and low heat to stand under, SoLux makes the ideal choice for your trade show set up. Just starting out? Call 1-585-328-2170 and speak to our resident expert.
5. Retail Stores - Customers get the very best presentation with SoLux. The difference is dramatic to see a store lit with SoLux as opposed to common fluorescent lighting. Use it to light counters, displays and dressing rooms. It will make your merchandise and your CUSTOMERS look their very best. Independent studies have shown sales increase an average of 40% when products are sold under natural lighting conditions. It is time to start thinking of lighting as an effective way to increase revenues as opposed to a necessary overhead cost.
6. Museums - Many museums including the National Gallery of Art, Philadelphia, High, Guggenheim, Van Gogh Museum, all have chosen SoLux to best display and preserve their finest pieces. No other light source in the world is more specified for illuminating artwork than SoLux.
7. Homes - Use SoLux at home in any room. Track and recessed fixtures can be used to provide high quality light in all your living spaces, both formal and informal. Use the 3500K bulbs in the bathroom and closet to best see colors of clothing and make up. Use task lamps for reading, homework and hobbies. Bring daylight into any room in the house.
8. Preservation - Protect your stuff! Because SoLux has reduced the heat (IR) and reduced the harmful UV rays, it is the ideal choice for lighting items that are subject to damage from natural or artificial light sources. This aspect is a major reason why it is the choice for many masterworks.
9. Studio - Whether you are a professional, amateur artist, or crafts person, SoLux helps you create the ideal environment for your creative space. The superior color rendering helps you make the most accurate judgments and the reduced heat makes it comfortable to work under.
10. Photography - The color proofing light kit was specifically created to address the needs of the photography community. Hundreds of satisfied users have solved their problem of having the proper lighting to evaluate photographs once and for all.
Can I use SoLux in my home?
Does SoLux work for Seasonal Affective Disorder?
For many years, people associated bright lights with daylight. This simply is not true. Daylight has a quality all its own, and natural daylight is considered to be the best light source for treating Seasonal Affective Disorder. The light emitted by SoLux is the closest simulation to natural daylight that money can buy. SoLux is so unique that it is patented. If you are not convinced SoLux is the very best light source in the world, show us a better quality light source and we'll refund your money.
Is using SoLux an effective way to treat SAD?
Is SoLux better than a bright fluorescent "daylight" light in treating SAD?
How do I know that I am ordering the right thing?
What is the difference between using a low voltage and line voltage?
Do you have screw-in bulbs for regular household lamp-fixtures that have the SoLux technology?
In selecting a bulb to order. determine your needs
- What objects/space lighting
- What are the dominant colors in the setting or objects?
- What are their dimensions if you want spot lighting or to focus on certain sections?
- Are you lighting a large space or highlighting certain areas?
- Color Temperature: 3500K, 4100K and 4700K
- Pick the color temperature that will give you the look you want
- In general warmer colors like red or orange look best under 3500K, cooler 4100K or 4700K
- 4100K and 4700K tend to give a more "modern look"
- Beamspread: SoLux bulbs currently are available in 10º, 17º, 24º or 36º beamspreads, also referred to as narrow-spot, spot, narrow-flood and flood respectively.
- Pick the beamspread that will give you the width of beam diameter you need. Look at the Technical Specifications charts to determine what beamspread will give you what diameter at the distance you plan to mount the fixture.
- Wattage: You can choose either a 50-watt or 35-watt.
- Make sure the fixture you have planned to use is rated for the wattage you select.
Different Types of Track
Will my track work with your fixtures?
How do I order track?
To order track you need to know:
- The configuration of your track layout (examples: 2 independent parallel lengths or an L-shape)
- The measurements of each straight length (examples: two 8 feet-lengths of, L of one 4 foot length and one 2-foot length)
- Comes in 2, 4, 6 and 8-foot lengths
- Can easily be trimmed.
- Color preference - black or white
- Power source preference
- End feet cord - best for mobile set-ups or a counter set up
- Floating canopy - for attaching to a wall or ceiling
- Selecting joiners
- These connect the tracks together and continue the power feed.
- L-joiner - brings together 2 pieces at a right angle
- T-joiner - 3 pieces
- X-joiner - 4 pieces together
- Flexible joiner
- Our fixtures come in either black or white and are the only track fixtures fully guaranteed for 1 year and pro-rated for 5 years.
- Come in either a round or square shape
- Easily twist into place on the track
- Can be moved along the track and swivel in almost every direction
- When using the SoLux bulb it is not necessary to use the extra circle of glass or "cover glass". Our bulb has it’s own.
- Each fixture has it’s own transformer, if one fixture was to go out, you would not lose the rest of your lights.
How many fixtures can go on a track?
SoLux Technical Specifications
- Data Curves (PDF)
- IES Files
- Daylight Primer
- Eye's Response
- How It Works
- Even on YouTube.com!
What our customers are saying...
"I received the lights yesterday. I am a painter, mostly figurative
portraits, and have tried Chromalux (Reveal) and Ott-lite in the past. I have
a studio with great natural light, but always had to quit painting at
night because anything I did at night under artificial lighting
always needed repainting again the next day. This was especially
true for subtle skin tones. I painted a bit last night on a portrait
I am working on under your lights and this morning was extremely
pleased with the results. We will be placing an order shortly for my
wife's weaving studio as the light we tried over a piece presently on
her loom as a test looked great. She had been working with the Ott-
lite after I gave up on it for my painting. Color was never right
for me and it gave off such weak light for both of us. Thanks. "